REGAL REALNESS WANTS YOU!
Regal Realness is in the process of expanding to reach a larger audience and connect with women of color everywhere! In an effort to empower as many women of color as possible, Regal Realness would like to expand its team! Confidence comes in many shapes and forms. My confidence approach may be different from yours. Share your point of view!
Regal Realness welcomes contributors who are both women and men who are passionate about our mission: to empower, educate, and encourage women of color to build, radiate, and maintain confidence and come into their own as a woman.
Who: Women of color and diverse backgrounds (African-American, Latino, Native American, Asian, Caribbean, African, LGBT, Mommy Blogger, etc)
What: Contribute at minimum one blog post per week to be posted on site and included in the new Regal Weekly Round Up
Topics Covered: Confidence, Culture, Hair, Health, Regal Living (Lifestyle, Home & Garden, Travel, etc) , Relationships, Style, and Success (includes Money and Dreams), and a new series, Real Talk (Commentary about news, media, pop culture, and celebrities). In addition, interviewing women of color who are doing great things are also an option.
-Posts are expected to be engaging, original as possible, and written in a girlfriend tone. Readers should feel as though they are talking to you! They should be able to feel your voice and tone clearly and it should be unique.
-Post should appeal to women of color and at times address issues that face the respective group you identify with. It is expected that you are able to discuss issues you share from your own perspective
-Each post should have a title that is worth sharing and/or tweeting. Examples here!
– Topics should be well researched and between 400-700 words (include links when necessary)
-Each post is expected to have a resource included at the end (link to another website, product, YouTube video, book, etc)
BENEFITS TO YOU:
- Hone your writing skills
- Increase traffic to your own blog/website
- Have your own blog/website linked to help increase your google rank
- Join a community of like minded bloggers and writers
- Introduce your work to a new audience and network of women of color
- Gain exposure through promotion on RR’s social media sites
- Opportunity to partner with RR to create online challenges, blog hopping events, webinars, etc
- FREE advertising space on RR.com
If interested, please email: email@example.com with the following information by June 30, 2013 at 8pm:
Tell Me About Yourself
- Topics You Could Cover
- Why You’re Interested
- What You Hope to Get Out of Joining the Team
- Link to Blog or Writing Sample
- Any Other Related Experiences or Expertise
Once your information is received, it will be reviewed, and you will be contacted within 48 hours.
If selected to join the team you will receive more information regarding post deadline and post ideas to get you started. Once selected, you will officially announce as the newest contributor and team member and your info will be posted on website and social media outlets.
New contributors would be expected to begin contributing on July 1, 2013.
INTERN OPPORTUNITY- Media Manager (Summer 2013)
The media manager would be in charge of running the social media outlets that Regal Realness is on with the purpose of keeping the audience engaged and inspired daily. Managers would be in charge of the following:
-Running Instagram, Tumblr, and co-managing Facebook page
– Searching for and posting images, videos, etc that empower women of color
-Searching for media related opportunities for Regal Realness (ie. guest blogger opportunities, potential blogs, companies, and organizations to partner with, potential giveaway partnerships, etc)
-Sharing Regal Realness content with media outlets and blogger networks
Good candidates would be:
College students, recent college grads, stay at home moms, up and coming bloggers, etc interested in gaining experience in blogging and media
Someone interested in building their resume
- Someone who is able to multi-task, culturally aware and accepting of diversity, interested in empowering women, and committed to helping others
- Someone with access to internet and computer and able to work from home
Note: Compensation is not available at this time, but appreciation will be given loudly and often! Compensation may be available as the internship concludes on August 31, 2013. Opportunity for renewal of internship may be available with compensation at that time. Interns will receive a letter of recommendation upon completion of internship.
Apply for internship, by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 2013 at 8pm and include:
- Letter of interest in internship (expressing why your interested, experiences, and why you are the best person to work with Regal Realness)
- Attach resume
- If you already have a blog or website, please share this