Here is a bit of inspiration from some of the flyest and down to earth Latina actresses about confidence, success, and loving your body. As I did my daily reading I came across a great article from the Huffington Post about Salma Hayek and Jessica Alba. You know me, I just had to pull out the empowering pieces, and here they are:
1. “Success is happiness. If you’ve found the right companion for life, a good relationship with loved ones, if you are healthy—my God, you are immensely successful.” -Salma Hayek in Glam Beleza Latina Magazine
2. “I share the same advice that my mom gave me—stay hydrated and sleep well. And that being a beautiful person on the inside is what really matters.” -Jessica Alba
3. “How much time have I wasted on diets and what I look like? Take your time and your talent and figure out what you have to contribute to this world,” Ferrera says, “and get over what the hell your butt looks like in those jeans!” -America Ferrara told US Weekly
4. “It wouldn’t work. I have a butt, I have boobs and I have a woman’s curves; there is no way I’d see them go to zero.” – Jennifer Lopez reportedly told Elle Magazine
5. “I love my curves and I embrace them,” said Eva Mendes to Marie Claire in a recent interview
I want to hear from you:
- Which quotes resonates with you the most?
- Give it a shot, write your most empowering quote for other women below!
- Share your own story of coming to terms with your confidence or self-esteem