My life was going good or so I thought. That was until I started a new job, decided to redesign my blog, added an additional non-paid writing gig to my portfolio, decided to restart my business and explore a new business venture with two long term friends all at the same time. I figured since these were all things that I loved and truly passionate about that it would be a piece of cake.
For the most part I had my plan all mapped out: I’d dedicate a certain amount of time to each project per day, pre-write and pre-schedule my blog posts, and established some marketing tools that would help me manage my time. Surely I thought that I’d be able to accomplish everything on my “To-Do List”.
Boy was I wrong. Two weeks in I realized that I was extremely over extended. I started experiencing sleep deprivation because I tried to get as much done as possible each day leaving me with only four to six hours of sleep. I started over thinking my abilities and questioning myself in areas that I’d never questioned before.
I was a hot mess and that’s just not how I operate.
Never did I imagine that I would bite off more than I could chew and fall flat on my butt. But it happened and I fell hard. Realizing that I didn’t have it all together like I thought I did, accepting it, and owning it I had to figure something out and quick.
Determined to find some balance in this mess that I created I decided to meditate to bring some sort of calmness and clarity back into my space. This weekend I plan to dedicate some much needed time to guess who, ME.
Here are five tips on how I’ll be using this time to regain balance in my life again:
- First things first I’ll be disconnecting from the world – social media, phone, people and the television. This will give me the opportunity to detox from any outside influence as I rededicate and recommit to myself.
- Secondly since I haven’t been getting much sleep I will be dedicating a full eight hours of sleep on both nights with naps during the day. This will help my body truly rest.
- Third I’ll be detoxing. Nothing but fresh fruits, green veggies and plenty of water. This will help me release some toxins and regain my energy.
- Fourth I’ll be meditating. I’ve always found inner peace and a calmness that I just can’t explain when I mediate. It brings clarity and helps me to make better decisions.
- Finally I’ll be free writing. I’ll be breaking out one of my good old journals, turn on some soft jazz and just write about my feelings, my emotions, things that I am truly grateful for.
If you’re anything like me; you want it all and feel like you can do it all. YOU CAN, sometimes you just need a little extra balance in your life to be all that you can be effortlessly.
I Want to Hear From You:
- Can you relate?
- What are some ways that you find balance in your life?