Have you ever had one of those days ( or months, or years) when it seems like life has a personal vendetta against you!? I’m talkin’ everything that can go wrong, is going wrong; whether it’s finances, relationships or your mental health, everything seems to be an uphill battle. Well let me tell you, I’ve had plenty of days like this. Often times the woes of life can really put a damper on your perspective and your perception.
In October I started the 31 Day Reset Your Life Challenge and one of the exercises was to complete a list of 100 things that make you happy. What a challenge! It may sound easy but that assignment had me struggling, however, it was right on time for me.
Lately, I haven’t been as positive as I usually am. I’m not sure what’s going on but I’ve been trying to pinpoint this “negative cloud” for a few months now. It’s refreshing to be able to 1) create a list of 100 things that make me happy and 2) to revisit this list when I need a reminder or a boost of happiness.
Today was one of those days when I needed a reminder of what makes me happy. I wasn’t able to use everything on the list at one time of course, but I did find a few that put a smile on my face right away. Below I’ve shared with you the first 30 from my list of 100. The highlighted items below are the ones that I used today!
1. Spending quality time with my family
2. Spending time with my boyfriend
3. Reading a good book
4. Listening to uplifting music
8. Eating good food
9. Crossing things off my to-do list
10. Finding a parking spot close to the store!
11. Having a positive impact on someone’s life
12. Receiving genuine compliments
13. Random acts of kindness whether I’m the recipient or not
14. Babies smiling
15. Giving those I love something that makes them happy
16. Making others happy
17. Motivational Speeches
18. Motivational speaking
19. Accomplishing a far off goal
20. Unexpected refunds
21. Me time
22. Sleeping in
23. Catching up with an old friend
24. A Hershey Sundae pie from Burger King! lol
25. Good convo with my dad
26. Girl talk with my mom
27. Girl day with my sisters and Boys day with my brothers
28. Family portraits
29. Documenting family events
30. Watching old videos and looking through old family photos
Have you ever created a Happiness List? If not, write one day! Once you create your own list, share your top 5 in the comments section below! I’d love to hear about what makes you happy.
Related articles across the web